Friday, January 18, 2013

Product review: Accessorise Padded Neoprene 7 Inch Tablet Zip Sleeve Case Cover with Built-in Landscape / Portrait Viewing Stand

I tested Accessorise Neoprene Sleeve with our two tablets: 7" Nexus Galaxy tablet and 7.7" Samsung Galaxy tablet. I also compared this case with the cases that are currently in use with the tablets prior to this case. I am attaching a collage of 7 photos that I will be referencing in this review.


The first thing I noticed about this sleeve that it is well constructed: the zippers operated very smoothly, all seams are finished well, there are no loose threads or blemishes. The case comes with a wrist band which can be optionally attached with a spring lock.

The sleeve's size is 9" by 6.25". It is made out of neoprene. I typically think of neoprene sleeves as being soft and pliable, however this case is made out of two layers of neoprene with plastic insert between them, so it is fairly stiff with some flex it in. It provides more protection than a single layer of neoprene. The inside layer of neoprene has round bumps which provide a big of extra cushion. The inside of the case is best seen in photo #2.

The outside of the case has a 5.5" by 3.37" compartment with an opening which is a slit. The slit has no closure mechanism. This compartment is best to carry something that can be clipped to it (like a pen or a stylus), or perhaps a cord that would stretch it and thus stay in. This slit is visible in the photo #3, it looks like a blue line in the photo which shows the top of the case.

The dimensions of this sleeve are such that it fits both of our tablets: the smaller 7" Nexus tablet as well as the larger 7.7" Samsung Galaxy Tablet. In fact, I was able to fit 7.7 Samsung Galaxy not only "naked" but also while it was in its leather case Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 Leather Folio Case . It fits quite nicely and snugly into the case either "naked" or with the case.

Photo #1 and Photo #2 show the 7.7" Galaxy tablet on top and inside of the sleeve so you can see the fit.

Photo #3 and Photo #4 demonstrate the 7" Nexus tablet fit. The photos show the Kroo sleeve and Accessorise sleeve next to each other, with the tablet on top of each in turn. 

Kroo Neoprene Sleeve Case
by comparison is made out of one neoprene layer. The fit of the Kroo sleeve is snug, the fit of the Accessorise sleeve is a bit loose. This is generally not a problem, unless you want the tablet to fit into your pocket. My husband likes carrying Nexus 7 in his pockets (jacket pocket or even pants pocket). Photo #6 and photo #7 demonstrate how he inserts the sleeves into his pocket - Kroo sleeve goes in without any issues. Accessorise sleeve does not fit.
  
Photo #5 shows how the sleeve can be used as a stand. There was no documentation to explain how the sleeve can be used as a stand, it took a bit of guessing to figure out that the tabs were meant to be spread out and used to hold up the device. It worked, but I have to say that I did not feel secure about leaving the tablet under flexed tension of the sides for a long time. I would not want to risk to have the tablet pop out of it, and I was not sure how the case will hold up if it was flexed for a long time.

We decided that the sleeve is a better fit for the 7.7" tablet than the 7" tablet. I like using my tablet while it is in its leather folio case a bit of extra protection, so I have been using the neoprene case to carry the tablet (by its wrist band) while it is in its leather folio.

Overall, I liked the case but I did not like the stand mechanism. Double neoprene layer construction provides more protection than a typical one layer neoprene case at the cost of being slightly bigger and thicker.

I was provided an evaluation copy of the Accessorise Neoprene Sleeve Case for testing and review. I described both positives and negatives of my experience with the sleeve in this review. I hope you found my comments, measurements and photos helpful. If you have any questions I have not addressed I am always happy to answer comments.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.



Ali Julia review ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment