Sunday, October 28, 2012

Product review: Formula 3 Anti-Fungal, Athlete foot

I saw a podiatrist several weeks ago and I requested treatment for fungus nails without oral medication. He told his patients have good results with Formula 3. His office sells it for $35, the expiration date on the bottle I received in July 2016. He told me that I will need to be patient with this medication. It takes a minimum of 6 months for the medicine to work, often it takes over a year. Note that the label on the bottle says use for 4 weeks and then consult a doctor if there is no improvement, which may lead you to think it will work fast.

The doctor also told me that that Tetra (manufacturer of Formula 3) provides unconditional money-back guarantee if the patient is not completely satisfied. Full refund can be received by calling 800-826-0479. If someone needs their mailing address it is: The Tetra Corporation, Eaton Rapids, MI 48827.

Formula three comes in a bottle similar to nail polish, with a brush applicator attached to the cap. The active ingredient is Tolnaflate 1%. The solution is oil based, so when you apply it put something under your foot to avoid oily stains. I had to learn from experience :-) The bottle has 1/2 oz of solution, but is fairly long lasting. After 5 weeks of twice a day use I am still only a little bit down.

Here are doctor's instructions on applying the medicine:

-----------------------------------------------------------
1. The podiatrist told me to apply it generously to both toe nails and the skin around the toe nail.
2. After applying it he told me to massage it into skin using a q-tip, especially near the nail bed.

I have been using Formula 3 for five weeks and noticed the following changes:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. The nail color has become better. Rather than being totally white the nail has a more natural opaque color. Not back to normal, but better looking.
2. The nails used to have an unpleasant odor when I touched them or cut them. This would happen even when I was fresh out of the shower, so the scent was not sweaty feet it was the nail itself. The bad smell is totally gone.

I am pleased with the results so far. What I see so far is already better than other prescription cream I have tried in the past. I will keep this review updated with additional changes.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★★

5/29/2013 update

I started in September 2012, so it has been 9 months.  The nails are NOT clear.  There are some positive changes - there is no bad smell when I cut the nails, and they are slightly less thick.  I see the podiatrist every 9 weeks for another issue, and he tells me not be discouraged yet as it take some people over a year.  I am still using the original bottle, so it has lasted pretty well.  I have not given up yet!

4 comments:

  1. Ali Julia, I just started treatment with Formula3 and I'm interested in how your treatment is progressing since it has been over 6 months now since you started treament.

    Thank you

    Rosalie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosalie, I started in September 2012, so it has been 9 months. The nails are NOT clear. There are some positive changes - there is no bad smell when I cut the nails, and they are slightly less thick. I see the podiatrist every 9 weeks for another issue, and he tells me not be discouraged yet as it take some people over a year. I am still using the original bottle, so it has lasted pretty well. I have not given up yet! AJ

      Delete
  2. Thank you for replying. I've only used it for a week so far. I have two toenails that are thickened and tend to crumble when I cut them but I put the Formula 3 on all my toe nails.

    I'll post back in a few weeks and let you know how it's coming along.

    Rosalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have used this years ago that my Podiatrist prescribed. It worked, but then it came back because I once again had a pedicure at the nail salon. DO NOT LET THEM PUT YOUR FEET IN THEIR WATER!! AND...bring your own tools and nail polish after your fungus gets cleared up and still tell them NO WATER! I googled a lot about nail fungus until me seat was smoking at my computer. I found out you really have to take probiotics. I started using this product called Clear Nails. I had to sit here and listen to this guy talked about how he came about to the solution for his dad who was very ill, that probiotics was the solution. I believe this guy had some scientist come up with a probiotic especially for nail fungus. He explains why it works. It took what seemed like forever until he was done talking before I could order the bottles. I almost gave up 3 times while he was talking. SO FRUSTRATING! I ordered 3 bottles of his formula and after 2 months (not one year) I couldn't believe the difference in my toenails. I now take another probiotic (Primal Blueprint) along with this Clear Nails. It just makes sense that this fungus lingers on forever when the culprit is more of what is going on INSIDE your body...cleaning out your gut. I usually never write reviews, but, I wanted to share to all this info because I know how this fungus makes one crazy trying to get rid of and spending all the money to find a product. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete