Friday, October 26, 2012

Book review: The Complete Book of Sea Kayaking

I found this book very helpful as I was learning kayaking. This book covers a large variety of topics with detailed cartoon-like illustrations as well as some photos. I am attaching a sample page from the book to show you what a typical explanation looks like. I found explanations to be a great reminders/re-freshers of the kayaking classes I took on the water. I read the book several times as my skills improved and every time I was able to find something new and useful.  

Here are the chapters of the book:
1. Equipment
2. Basic strokes and techniques
3. Advanced strokes and techniques
4. Surging
5. Rescues
6. Waves
7. Winds and weather
8. Tides and tidal streams
9. Navigation
10. Arctic origins of the sea kayaking

This book is not just a manual for learning how to improve your kayaking technique and tips on outfitting your boat. This book covers kayaking history and shares author's passion for the kayak. I enjoyed every page no matter how many times I read it! I recommend this book.

You can find this book on Amazon by following this link.



Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment