Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Book review: The Coaching Mindset: 8 Ways to Think Like a Coach by Chad Hall


The coaches job is not to solve problems it is facilitate other people to solve problem. This is is exactly what a good people manager does in a corporate environment, and this is what I was interested in learning from this book.  It always struck me that a technical group should work just like a sports team. I want to bring the same techniques that make a good team a team (supporting each other, selflessness, people knowing their roles, overall team concept) and was looking for a book to help me. 

This book is very brief but direct and clear, it does not have any filler material. A good coach helps people to do the right thing themselves, rather them tell them exactly what to do. In fact it says to never solve the problem for your clients, it will be a disservice. The book helps by helping to know the right questions to ask, the best way to interrupt, when not to interfere, and how to help people who are stuck. 

Then I suddenly came to the end of the book and wished there was more to read, more secrets revealed... but there it was, the first lesson of coaching  - the book told me how to do it, now I am on my own.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment