Sunday, March 20, 2016
Product review: SINOKAL Elastic Dustproof Luggage Suitcase Protector Cover Fits Most 20" to 29" Bags
What attracted me to this cover is the thought of easily identifying my luggage on the airport carousel. I selected the "dreamy colors" because it was the wildest brightest design which I thought would stand out the most. The colors in the stock photo were accurate and it is as bright and as wild in person as you see in the stock photo.
I tried it on the two large suitcases that I travel with most frequently and both had some fit issues. I am attaching photos for each suitcases and will describe the issues so you can be the judge if they are deal breakers. One of my suitcases is green another one is red so you can match my comments to the photos.
1. Sinokal's bottom closes with a large Velcro strip and an elastic strap for extra security. The wheels fit fine, the suitcase rolls well. See green suitcase collage photos labeled 1 and 2.
2. The openings for the handles on the side and on top line up well. The handled are positioned in the center of the suitcase and that lines up with holes in the cover. See green suitcase collage photos labeled 3 and 4.
3. The fit problem is with the handle that extends to roll this suitcases. The handle on this suitcase spans the entire width of the suitcase and does not fit into the small opening in the luggage cover. See green suitcase collage photo labeled 4.
The fact that I cannot roll the suitcases when it case a cover on a serious problem. I would need to cut the opening to be bigger if I decide to use this cover with the green suitcase.
1. The bottom closes with a large Velcro strip and an elastic strap for extra security. The wheels fit fine, the suitcase rolls well. See red suitcase collage photo labeled 1.
2. The handle that extends to roll the luggage lines up with the opening of the luggage cover perfectly. The handle is small and off center. It fits into the hole in the cover just right. See red suitcase collage photo labeled 2.
3. The fit problem comes from the position of the handles. The handles on this suitcases are positioned off center, so both the side and the top handles of the suitcase do not line up with the openings in the cover. See red suitcase collage photos labeled 3 and 4. However, they are close enough to the opening that I can reach them through the opening and the handles can be used.
The problems with the handles are minor, I can still use them. So overall, the red suitcase fits the cover better.
I received this luggage cover for testing and review. Bottom line: I love the idea of the luggage cover to personalize my luggage and make it stand out. It also provides protection for the suitcase which to me is secondary. However, the luggage cover is not universal. It fits best the suitcases with the following configurations:
1. the handle that pulls out has to be off center and not span the entire width of the luggage.
2. the handles on the sides has to be in the middle of the luggage.
Other configuration could work too, but you might need to do some sewing to enlarge the holes in the cover to fit your favorite suitcase.
You can find this luggage cover on Amazon by following this link.
Ali Julia review