Friday, October 10, 2014

Product review: Yubi Power Surge Slim -Ultimate Power Surge Protector - 6 Outlets Plus 2 USB Ports


This expanded outlet allowed me to go from two AC outlets to 6 AC outlets plus 2 USB ports. The ports are packed pretty tightly together so large plugs cover more than one outlet, but with 6 outlets this still leaves me with plenty of choices.

The outlet is 5" long and 3.6" wide. It plugs into a two outlet wall outlet. It uses one outlet for electricity and uses the second outlet's grounding opening to stabilize the entire plug. It comes with a mounting screw that can replace the central screw of the wall outlet. I thought the outlet mounted securely without the screw as I have only one large outlet on it.

I tested the two USB ports using a current monitor using both Android and Apple mobile devices. My test show that both ports worked with both devices. I got very good performance on port A for my iPad Mini tablet. The B port was below optimal for iPad Mini. With my Android device both ports were under optimal but above USB speed.

Samsung Nexus phone:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Port A:___ 0.80/5.00V
Port B:___ 0.90/5.00V
(for comparison the best charging monitor result for this phone is 1.00A/5V)

iPad Mini tablet:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Port A:___ 1.73/5.00V (excellent!)
Port B:___ 0.93/5.00V
(for comparison the best charging monitor result for this tablet is 1.70A/5V)

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.



Ali Julia review ★★★★★


No comments:

Post a Comment