Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Product review: Elivebuy® iOS-DeviceFlash Memory Card Reader Flash Drive


So nice to have a card reader that works with all of my devices. I tested this card reader with my iPad Mini, my Windows laptop, and Linux desktop. All three were able to read and write to SD and micro SD cards mounted in this card reader. It is nice to be able to add content to my tablet without having an internet connection.

On iPad Mini I am using this card reader in combination with iFlashDrive HD utility. This utility is free. As soon as I inserted the card reader into iPad Mini I got a prompt that the App is not installed and took me to the app store.

The card reader is 2 5/8" x 1 1/4" x 3/8" in size and weighs 0.9 oz.

I used class 10 sd card to benchmark this card reader:
♦ Average read 10 MB/sec
♦ Average write 5 MB/s
♦ Average access time is 1.30 secs
Attached video includes the chart generated by the benchmark utility for those who like the visual representation of the test.

For comparison, here are the benchmarks on the same card using my computer's card reader:
♦ Average read 21.5 MB/sec
♦ Average write 4.3 MB/s

As you see Elivebuy read speed is significantly slower but its write speed is a little faster. Its main strength is the universal ability to work with different devices.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment