Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Product review: Vinsic Classic 5000mah Power Bank


This is a slick and thin battery it is 3" x 4.5" x 7/16" and only 4.95 oz. Some of its 5000 mAh capacity is lost to inefficiencies such as heat so it is safe to assume that it provide about 3800 mAh power. It has a single 1A charging port. 1A is below optimal for Apple devices, but fine for Android.

This charger worked with both my Nexus phone and iPad Mini but it is not a fast charger. To tell how various battery packs perform I measure their performance with a current monitor. I use Samsung Nexus phone and iPad Mini for testing to give me a Android and an Apple mobile devices. I test all my chargers using the same charging cables and starting all tests at same charge level of the phone to account for non-linear charging. This allows me to compare different batteries to each other so I can rate the battery keeping everything else constant.

Samsung Nexus phone:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0.92/5.07V (close to optimal charging)
(for comparison the best charging monitor result for this phone is 1.00A/5V)

iPad Mini tablet:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0.93/5.07V (below optimal)
(for comparison the best charging monitor result for this tablet is 1.70A/5V)

Its nice thin shape makes it convenient to carry in a purse or pocket. This charger is not a work horse, but its shape is convenient to take it anywhere I go as a backup power for my Android phone.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.



Ali Julia review ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment