Saturday, October 4, 2014

Product review: Key Power® External Battery CHARGER 8000mAh Portable Power Bank



KeyPower external battery has one charging ports and a small built-in flashlight. This external battery capacity is rated at 8000 mAh. Some capacity is lost to inefficiencies such as heat you can expect to get about 6000 mAh out of it. I was able to charge my Samsung Nexus phone with 3800 mAh extended battery from low levels to full twice.

The battery weighs 7.10 oz, and is 4.75" x 2.5" x 0.5" in size. This battery has a bright charge level indicator, the indicator when you plug in a device or when you press the on button and then turns off in a second or two. The battery can charge mobile devices while it is being charged itself.

To tell how various battery packs perform I measure their performance with a current monitor. I use Samsung Nexus phone and iPad Mini for testing to give me a Android and an Apple mobile devices. I test all my chargers using the same charging cables and starting all tests at same charge level of the phone to account for non-linear charging. This allows me to compare different batteries to each other so I can rate the battery keeping everything else constant.

This battery performed close to optimal for my iPad Mini and but was a bit underpowered for my Nexus phone (but still above USB rate of charging). The built-in flashlight is not terribly bright, but handy to have in an emergency.

Samsung Nexus phone:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
KeyPower single port:___ 0.84/5.05V
(for comparison the best charging monitor result for this phone is 1.00A/5V)

iPad Mini tablet:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
KeyPower single port:___ 1.58/4.80V
(for comparison the best charging monitor result for this tablet is 1.70A/5V)

This battery has a nice form factor, easy to read charging indicator, and performed well for iPad Mini.




Ali Julia review ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment