Sunday, March 2, 2014

Product review: iXCC ® Jumbo Defender 8-Pin Lightening Cable


iXCC Jumbo Defender Data Sync & Charging Cable is a cheaper alternative to Apple lightning cable. The cable is 38" long. To see how it measures up to the original Apple cable I ran the same charging test on Apple lightning cable that came with my iPad Mini and iXCC Cable.

Why run these tests? To make sure the cable is not faulty and delivers as advertised. I have tested several generic lightning cables and some charged my iPad Mini slower that the Apple OEM cable. However, this cable delivered on par with the original Apple charging cable.

My methodology is to charge iPad Mini for 10 minutes using each of the cables and measuring how much iPad Mini got charged in that 10 minute period. Since the charging speed is non-linear I start charging each device from approximately the same charge level. I ran each test twice on each cable to make sure there are no variations between the two charging cycles. In addition I measure the current with current meter. For those who are interested in the details of the test I am including the results below.

➨ Test Results:
======================

✔ Apple Lightning Cable to USB plug cable
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
10 minutes ~~~~~~ 4% change in charge in 10 minutes
current monitor: ~~~~~ 1.66A and 5.05V

✔ iXCC Jumbo Defender Cable to USB plug cable
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
10 minutes ~~~~~~ 4% change in charge in 10 minutes
current monitor: ~~~~~ 1.63A and 5.10V

The iXCC Jumbo Defender Cable performed as well as the original Apple Cable in my tests.

I received this cable from the manufacturer for testing and review (positive or negative). In my test I was able to compare two cables in "apples to apples" (no pun!) comparison, and they performed the same. Based on the results of the test I rate this cable as a 5 star product.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.



Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment