Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Product: Rokit Rokit Boost Bluetooth Speaker


This speaker looks a bit like a space saucer. The black are on top is the fabric covering the speaker. The three "feet" on the bottom side are actually buttons that control different functions. If you push on the top the speaker you will compress the "button" feet. I found myself pushing the feet directly as the response was more immediate when I did it that way.

This is a bluetooth speaker, it has no 3.5mm audio jack. Bluetooth paired easily and reconnects automatically after I disable it.

The speaker weighs 4.4 oz and 3.125" across and 1.75" tall. It comes with a proprietary charging cable which 20 inches.

How did this speaker sound? It sounded quite good in mid range. When I played music with a deep base it added a rumbling noise. To help me make compare different speakers I always use the same pieces of music to test them, so I can compare speakers using this "apples-to-apples" comparison. As a stress test for the bass I use Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor. There are two section of very deep bass some some speakers do not handle well. Unfortunately, this was the case with this speaker. However, other than those two segments it sounded quite good and was richer and louder than the built in speaker of the tablet.

I am attaching a video which has a short snippet of music to demonstrate the speaker's sound. In this snippet I switch between bluetooth speaker and tablet built-in speaker so you can hear the difference.

It takes me three hours to fully charge the speaker. A fully charged battery lasts 8 hours (while it is still new, this will decrease with time). In the stand-by mode the battery lasts 100 hours according to documentation.

If it is paired with a mobile phone it can be used to answer calls, to end calls, to reject calls, and to transfer calls.

I received this speaker for testing and an honest review (whether positive or negative) from the manufacturer. Other than the deepest bass it produced clear and good sound, it is small and attractive. I thought it was a good speaker for its price range.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment