Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Product review: Shacke Silicone Baking Mat 16 1/2 X 11 5/8 Inches


This silicone baking mat is 16.5" by 11.75". It is a perfect match to my baking sheet which is 16.5" x 11". The 3/4 inch overlap in width allows me to run the mat up the side (as shown in video). A batch of oatmeal cookies I have made using this mat browned perfectly and evenly. The clean up was very easy, I just needed to run a sponge over the mat to remove the crumbs. And I did not need to use any oil to grease the baking sheet.

The mat itself is very flexible, so it cannot be used without a cookie sheet. It is a liner, a replacement for the parchment paper. It should not be use as a cutting surface as it is soft and can be damaged by the knife.

The mat had no odor out of the package, as well as after baking. It is heat resistant to 480 degrees Fahrenheit. The instructions say to wash it with soap and water after every use and to air dry. The instruction say not to wash the mat in the dishwasher.

Normally my oatmeal cookies take 13 minutes at 375 degrees, with the silicone mat it took 20 minutes at 375 degrees.

In addition to use it as a liner for baking, I use it on my counter top instead of a trivet. When I need to rest a hot pan on something it gives me a nice big target area.

I have found this mat easy to work with, it gave nice even bake results, and I plan to use it on regular basis. I recommend it to others.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link


Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment