Friday, February 14, 2014

Product review: Alaska Bear® Portable Bluetooth Micro Mini Speaker and MP3 player


Alaska Bear mini speaker is a compact speaker with a big sound. It can operate as a bluetooth speaker, wired speaker, and as an MP3 player. MP3 player uses a TF memory slot. TF memory slot is used for reading regular micro SD memory cards.

In the attached video I show MP3 operation from a micro SD memory card as well as streaming music via bluetooth from my iPad Mini.

♦ I tested bluetooth with my iPadMini tablet and it worked very well. The sound is crisp and clear. Even bass sounded good for a speaker of this small size.

♦ The speaker can be made quite loud. The volume control and next/previous are control by the same buttons. If you hold the button it control volume, if you press and release it will perform next/previous operation.

♦ It works well as an MP3 player that I can listen to without earphones.

♦ To help me evaluate and compare different speakers I always use the same pieces of music to test the speakers. This way I can compare the speakers using this "apples-to-apples" comparison. As a stress test for the bass I use Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor. Alaska Bear speaker handled the most challenging part of the Bach's Fugue well. A lot of small speakers crackle in two spots of the Fugue, but this speaker handled it well.

♦ The speaker weights 5.8 oz. It is 2" tall and 2.25" in diameter. It feels heavy and well constructed.

♦ The speaker runs on a lithium battery. It tooks me 2 hours to fully charge it. It is charged by a standard USB/micro USB cable.

♦ Bluetooth Version is 3.0, with a range of 10 meters (32 feet)

♦ In addition to the speaker the package includes a dual cable which is both a charging cable and an AUX cable.

Overall, I thought it produced really nice sound plus I its versatility of being both an MP3 player and a bluetooth speaker.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment