Thursday, December 26, 2013

Product review: Hype Mini Capsule Bluetooth Speaker


In the last year I have tested a lot of small bluetooth speakers, I rank HYPE Mini Capsule speaker sound quality as good overall. It has good mid-tone and OK bass. The sound is louder and richer than the built-in speaker of my tablet, but even at the max volume HYPE Mini Capsule speaker is not as loud as some of the other small speakers.

I am attaching a video which has several short snippets of music to demonstrate the speaker's sound. As one of the top reviewers I get asked to test and review a fairly large number of speakers. This allows me to compare a large number of speakers to each other. To help me make this comparison I always use the same two pieces of music, so I can compare speakers using "apples-to-apples" comparison. As a stress test for the bass I use Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor. I use Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto No.1 to test the mid-range. The HYPE speaker performed well in these tests.

In the video I switch between the tablet's built-in speaker and HYPE speaker so you can compare the sound. You can hear that the speaker produce the sound that is richer, fuller, and louder sound the the built-in speaker. However this speaker does not have a super loud sound even at its max. In the video both the speaker and the tablet have the sound set to its maximum volume.

HYPE speaker is 2 1/8" tall. It weighs in at 3.1 oz. Its fairly small size makes a good travel companion.

The speaker comes with a charging cable.

A note on pairing: The initial pairing works well but even though the speaker remain connected if you turn it off and then turn it back on, so you still need to manually reconnect the audio by clicking on the device in bluetooth settings.

I received HYPE speaker from the manufacturer for testing. Based on other speakers of similar size/price I rated this speaker as 4 stars. The HYPE speaker performed well with music without strong base as well as when I listened to spoken human voice (e.g. news), bass sounded fairly good for a speaker of this small size.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★☆

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ali Julia,
    I have been through your blog. It's great to see this product review. This speaker has a classic design and it's sound quality is nice (as in the video). Overall it's a great speaker to have it in this budget. Thanks for this review.
    Bluetooth Speakers

    ReplyDelete