Sunday, December 8, 2013

Product review: 300LM Mini Ultra High-Flux Cree XR-E Q5 LED Adjustable Flash Light


This is a pretty bright LED light flashlight. It has two modes: a steady light and a strobe. The flashlight runs on one AA battery (not included).

I am attaching a video which demonstrates the flashlight in action.

The length of this flashlight can be changed from 4 inches to 3.5 inches. This such a small difference that I don't really see the point why it is made this way. It is not a negative but I did not find the difference in length to be significant enough to be useful. The flashlight has a pen-like clip which could be handy both in storage and attaching during usage.

Overall, I liked the flashlight but I found the battery compartment hard to open. After a bit of struggle I managed to do it once to put in the battery, but when I wanted to do it again for the video I could not open the battery compartment again.

I received this flashlight for testing and review from the manufacture. I wrote to the manufacture to ask them if there was a trick to opening the battery compartment. No. There was no secret button. They suggested putting a drop of oil on the threads. If you have trouble opening it too keep this suggestion in mind. I will try this again when it is time to change the battery. Since this is a LED light flashlight I hope this will not happen for a very long time.

Other than the battery compartment glitch, I am pleased with the flashlight.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment