Saturday, December 22, 2012

Product review: Davidsbeenhere Inflatable Travel Pillow with Cloth Cover

I found this travel pillow very comfortable. The difference between this pillow and an old inflatable pillow I usually travel with is that the center part of this pillow is flat. This means the pillow does not push your head forward, it only allows you to rest your head to the side. This is a very good design!

This pillow's nozzle has a valve, so when you stop blowing into it it does not instantly deflate. However, this mechanism makes it a little tricker to let the air out. To inflate the pillow the instruction say to pinch the nozzle. The first few times I tried to inflate the pillow I had trouble doing so because I was pinching too low. I though the right place to pinch would be where the valve that holds the air is. Instead the right place to pinch is on the neck of the valve, at the very top. I found that the easiest way to squeeze was not with out hand, but with hands pushing the valve with my two thumbs. This way I could easily place my lips on the valve without my hand getting in the way.

And a final note on inflation, inflation gets easier every time you do it. Before I figured out the pinch method described above I used a foot pump to inflate it. If you have trouble inflating trying that one time, it separates the plastic sides from each other and inflating by mouth will be easier.

To deflate the pillow you also need to push on the valve right at the very top. To get all the air out I found that rolling the pillow while squeezing was the best way. When I wanted to make the pillow totally flat I used a small object to depress the valve directly while doing the final roll.

I am attaching a collage of two photos.

Photo #1 shows the pillow and the storage pouch it comes with. The pillow has a cloth case that can be washed.

 Note that Amazon sells two versions of Davidbeenthere travel pillow:  this one  and another one which is similar, more expensive, but without a case. I asked Davidbeenthere about the differences and he told me that the pillows are identical, but this newer model has a cloth case and a new pricing.

The second photo demonstrates the technique for quick deflating without pinching I described earlier.

The the pouch with the folded pillow is sized: 6 inches wide x 5 inches long x 2.5 inches thick (thickness depends on how well the pillow is deflated).

The pillow is 14.5 inches measuring the long end that goes behind the head, and 9.5 inches front to back.

I received a sample pillow from Davidsbeenthere for evaluation and honest and fair review. I have described positives and negatives of my experience with the pillow and if you have any questions on the features I covered I am always happy to respond to comments.

Overall, I find this that this pillow puts my head into a more comfortable position that the old pillow which inflates evenly without a flat part in the center. I recommend it.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.



Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment