Sunday, December 2, 2012

Product review: Bark Mulch 2 cubic feet bag. How much does it cover?

I just had a deck replaced and needed to cover the 11 feet by 6 feet area under the deck with bark mulch. Bagged Bark Mulch typically comes in 2 cubic feet bags and I had trouble visualizing exactly how one mulch bag will cover and how many bags I would need to cover my 11' x 6' area. I needed to keep the depth of mulch at around 2 inches, so it does not overflow the pad on which the central air conditioner sits. I did a rough calculation and decided that 6 bags will do it. In fact, the right amount was 5 bags.




I am attaching two photos. The first photo shows how much one bag covers. The area from the house to the edge of the bark is 6 feet. The second photo shows 5 bags covering 11' x 6' area 2" inches thick.

Hope this helps someone working on a similar small mulching project.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment