Monday, December 24, 2012

Product review: Davidsbeenhere: Portable Travel Digital Luggage Scale

To the chagrin of my husband I don't travel light.  This travel luggage scale will save me money by making sure I don't get hit by excessive baggage fees.

The scale is requires a 2032 Lithium Button Cell which is not included and needs to be purchased separately. You can find this battery on Amazon here.

I checked the accuracy of the scale by measuring my weight with and without a bag and then comparing it with the results of the luggage scale.  It was accurate within a pound. When packing I would stay a minimum of 1 pound under the limit.

The luggage scale battery compartment does not indicate how to insert the battery (no polarity shown).  I am attaching a collage of 4 photos under customers photos, photo #4 shows the battery being inserted into the slot of the scale in the proper orientation.
Photo #1 shows the scale with the battery compartment closed, and photo #2 shows the handle with the battery compartment opened.

The scale is shaped like a handle with a belt attached to it.  You loop the belt around the suitcase handle and back onto the scale so you can lift the suitcases using the digital scale as a handle. This handle is ergonomically shaped I was found it convenient to hold while lifting the suitcase. Photo #3 shows how it fits into my hand.  For size reference I have small size hands, glove size small.

The only negative I have to say that I wish the package came with the battery included.

I received a sample scale from Davidsbeenthere for evaluation and honest and fair review. I have described positives and negatives of my experience with this digital scale and if you have any questions on the features I covered I am always happy to respond to comments.

It works. It is fairly accurate. If you don't travel light this scale will help you stop worrying about excessive baggage fees.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.



Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment