Sunday, December 22, 2019

Product review: RotoEraser Drill Attachment Magic Eraser Sponges



I have a bad back and I am always looking for a way to make tub cleaning easier.

In this review, I am comparing RotoEraiser drill attachment, scrub brush drill attachment, and using a regular Magic Eraser cleaning pad without a drill.

A few general notes before I get into comparison part of the review:

1. The package includes three RotoErasers and one drill attachment.  You need to supply your own drill. The drill attachment has a large round shank.  My small and light drill (that I use with roto brushes) was too small to handle it and I had to use my full-size Black&Decker drill, which is heavier and harder to use for cleaning.

2. When I was making my purchasing decision on Amazon I read in one of the reviews that the foam is not the same as the regular Mr. Clean Magic Eraser foam. I like and use Magic Eraser sponges and that review gave me some doubts about purchasing this product.  I am happy to say that when I compared the RotoEraiser side by side with my Magic Eraser sponges and they looked and felt the same. 

3. Just like the original Magic Eraser sponges, these pads have to be wet to work well.  If they are dry they don't clean well.  I made the sponge wet before cleaning and used liberal amounts of cleaning solution.

4. The RotoEraser attaches to the drill with a Velcro connection. I was worried that pad would be coming off constantly, but as long as you push perpendicular to the surface you are cleaning the connection is strong.  However, if you don't push straight down the drill does not make a good connection and "jumps".  When I washed the tub pushing at a perfect angle was not always and as you see in the video the drill occasionally jumps until I find the angle again.

Now, the comparison of different cleaning methods:

I found that RotoEraiser to clean well if I am able to apply it perpendicular to the surface. Don't think that cleaning is easy.  It takes quite a bit of work and using a heavy drill is quite tiresome.  It does not work for all angles of the tub, as there were places where I just could not angle the drill perfectly. 

The Scrub Brush attachment does not clean as well as RotoEraiser but it does not require a perfect angle. It was easier to use especially when I was using the rounded brush.  The Scrub Brush worked better on the curves.

Finally, the manual Magic Eraser worked the best of all the methods but it was the slowest method of the three and requires me to bend more since there is no benefit of the extension provided from the drill.

So, I found that when I clean the tub I start with RotoEraser, then use the Scrub Brush for the curves, and, finally, finish with by hand with the Magic Eraser sponge to cover the areas they were not fully cleaned with the other two brushes.

Bottom line: RotoEraiser did not provide a magic solution, but is one of the helpful tools.
You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★☆





No comments:

Post a Comment