Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Product review: GVODE Cold Brew Coffee Maker,42 Ounce, Large Glass Pitcher with Stainless Steel



I was looking for replacing lemonade and sodas summer drinks with unsweetened ice tea to reduce the amount of sugar we consume.  I heard that cold-brewed drinks have a more mellow taste, and I was not disappointed!  I have been enjoying our ice tea, and the family has accepted it too after the initial reluctance to give up the summery sweet drinks.

The Gvode pitcher turned out to be a more attractive appliance than I expected.  The pitched bottom is made out of geometrically cut glass, so it is quite attractive.  Its nice looks make it useful not just for brewing but serving the cold tea/coffee.  It is 8" tall and 7.5: wide. The tap is on the bottom of the pitcher, so it works best when it is on a shelve or on the edge of the table, so a person to fit a glass below the tap.

The manual called for 4 oz of tea used with 42 oz of cold water. The cold brew process generates a concentrate that one should dissolve with additional water. I used 1 oz and 44 oz of cold water and had a nicely flavored tea concentrate ready to drink in 1 hour.  My concentrate is not as strong, I suspect, as a prescribed recipe but it really works for us. I can do the brewing in the refrigerator or at room temperature.

I store the pitcher in the refrigerator.  The spout is leak-free and works very well. It takes up space in the front of the refrigerator to make it easy to pour out tea without taking out the pitcher out.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment