Thursday, July 18, 2019

Product review: TracFone (Smartphone Only) Airtime Prepaid Service Card 365 days



We have been using Tracfone for a family member who only uses the cell phone occasionally for about 10 years. 1-year service has been around $100 for years, and this year it has gone up to $125.  You can roll over unused minutes a year to year.  The minutes do not expire as long as the service is extended before the expiration date.  My mother has over 10,000 minutes accumulated through the years, no problem.

In the past, I purchased 1 year service minutes from third-party dealers on Amazon or directly from the Tracfone website (whichever gave me the best deal). This year was the first time I purchased minutes directly from Tracfone on Amazon, the 1 year service smartphone card was the same price on Amazon and their own site.

The smartphone card arrived 7 days after I ordered it via UPS.  This year I decided to keep the phone we purchased last year, so all I had to was enter the pin number into the My Account App (selecting "add minutes" icon).  The end of service updated immediately, the minutes and text did not get updated until the morning (and after the phone was rebooted).  However, I was able to log into my account on their website and saw the updated minutes right away, so I knew it worked okay.  To see your balance on the website you need to enter /balanceinquiry after the web site address (Amazon does not allow URLs in the text so I can't give you the complete URL here).

The other methods for adding minutes are texting the word "add" 611611, calling 611 from your phone, calling the Tracfone support, or adding minutes on their web site.

Overall, all worked very smoothly, and it is a good deal for someone who is not using the phone all that much.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment