Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Product review: Weed Fabric All-Purpose Weed Barrier by Easy Gardener






Easy Gardner weed fabric is a relatively small cut of weed fabric but if that is all you need it is priced around $5. It is 4 feet by 8 feet in size. Enough for one raised bed of 4'x8' size or about 12 - 14 large pots. 

This a repeat purchase for me.  The fabric is fairly thin (as I show in the first photo) and let the water and air to the roots very well. It kept the weeds out effectively for 1 year, the next year the weeds grew through the fabric. So keep in mind that the work of reinstalling the fabric will need to be repeated. In most cases this means removing the mulch covering the weed fabric, removing the weed fabric,  removing whatever weeds appeared, laying down the fabric and covering with mulch.  Sometimes the fabric can be re-used but often removing the weeds growing the fabric tears it up too much. 

The only time I don't cover weed fabric with mulch is when I use weed fabric for growing strawberries.  I like using weed fabric for strawberries because I like that the fruits do not touch the ground and stay mold free better.  In that case I hold the fabric down with small stones placed between the plants.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★★☆




No comments:

Post a Comment