Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Product review: Shoe Horn Pro Precision - Premium Extra Long Handled Telescopic and Locking



Until you really need a shoe horn you may not fully appreciate the subtleties of different designs. Unfortunately, I am an expert on shoe horns. A few years ago I seriously injured my back and after the surgery I lost a lot of flexibility in my back and shoe horns became a regular part of my life. Prior to receiving this shoehorn I have been actively using a number of shoehorns on every day basis.

I reviewed the original version version of this shoehorn and this new improved version. I gave the original shoe horn one star review. The original version had two fatal flaws for someone who actually needs a shoe horn - it did not stay extended when pressure was applied and it flexed so it pushed down on the back of the shoe distorting the back.  Several months after the review was posted the seller contacted me and asked me if I would be willing to test an improved version of the shoe horn. I applaud the seller for not only listening to the feedback but sending another version of the shoehorn to a reviewer who gave it a one star review, a review that had the details of why the shoe horn does not work for people who actually need to use it multiple times a day.  I agreed but said that the review will be positive or negative based purely on my experience with it.

The new version totally resolved one of my complaints, it now locks in place by twisting the shaft and it does not shorten when pressure is applied. Yes, it takes a little longer to extend and twist, but it is nice to have a shoe horn that can be made shorter for storage and it is certainly better than the shoe horn that becomes shorter and shorter as you use it.

However, my second problem still remains. The problem is that the shoe horn flexes down as you push your leg into the shoe and pushes on the back of the shoe and beds down the back of the shoe. If you are putting on sneakers this is okay, so some reviewers may not consider this an issue because they are not using a shoe horn with nice leather shoes. However, as a woman who uses a shoe horn to put on nice leather pumps I do not want the back of the shoes to be deformed. As I mentioned earlier I own many shoe horns and none of them have this feature and I do not see any benefit to the flexible joint. It makes putting on a shoe harder rather than easier.

I like the telescoping aspect of this shoe horn for travel. I definitely think this is an improvement to the first version because this shoe horn stays extended when I press. I am able to use this shoe horn on sneakers. I am not able to use it on nice leather shoes. I hope there will be another version of this shoe horn - I would like it to be stiff and retractable. Given the track record of this seller and desire to keep improving the product, I am hoping it will happen.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★☆☆




No comments:

Post a Comment