Monday, August 20, 2018

Product review: BenQ ScreenBar Office Lamp Light



This monitor bar exceeded my expectations. First and most important it provides light without getting in the way.  Once I mounted it I was able to position it in such a way that I don't see it at all.

My ViewSonic monitor has a thin bevel of 3/4". I was worried that the bar will hang lower covering some top portion of the screen. It does not. The mechanism that holds to the monitor can be tilted in a variety of ways, and it was easy to find a position where it aligned with the trim.  There are no screws, no tape, it works by gravity.

The light bar comes with a switch that can change the brightness and color of the light.  The same switch is used to turn the light on and off.  The bar generates no glare on the screen. It provide excellent light for the desk below it and the keyboard which is on a movable try below the desk in my set up.

The lamp runs on USB power using a special proprietry cable which slits in two: one goes to the back of the light bar, the other one goes to the switch.

The lamp feels solidly made, it is fairly heavy and has dark grey/black finish.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment