Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Product review: Fabric grow bags (product review after harvest)




This year was the first time I used grow bags to grow potatoes.  In attached photos you see what I got from one red potato and one fingering potato. Each of the spud potatoes was cut in three, and I had three plants in one 7 pound grow bag.

The best part of growing potatoes in a grow bag is how easy it is to harvest. All  I had to do is dump the content in a wheel barrel and pick out the potatoes.  It required very little bending and effort, and the gentle potatoes skins did not get damaged.

I will be using grow bags again!

The method I used was starting the spuds in 1 inch of dirt and adding more and more dirt as the potato plants grew. Eventually the grow bag was filled to the top (12" deep).

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★★





No comments:

Post a Comment