Monday, April 23, 2018

Product review: ODSEN Phone Call Blocker



This call blocker works - i.e. once you block the number the calls from this number are disconnected after one ring.  The caller hears nothing, it works like a disconnect.

The user interface is easy when you want to block a number of something calling you by pressing the red button while the call is active. However, pre-programming the device to block number using programming code does not work with Verizon FIOS service.  These commands collide with Verizon's own codes and generate an error  when I tried the codes specified in the ODSEN manual on page 10.  You can see an example in my video.



On the positive side, some of the commands can be entered by using the keys on the device itself: such as deleting blocked numbers or seeing which numbers are blocked.  I show this in my video as well.

The second issue I ran into is related to showing caller id on my phone.  I found a solution to this problem as I explain below.  The issue depends on how you hook up the blocker. There are two options for hook up - you can plug the call blocker into the wall, and hook up the phone to the blocker. Alternatively, you can put a splitter in the wall and have the phone and the blocker hooked up in parallel. If you use the phone in-line with the blocker, the caller id is no longer visible on the phone display. I am using the parallel hook up because in this configuration I still see the caller id on the phone.  The phone blocker only displays numerical phone numbers, caller ids are not shown even if you have the caller id service. Since only the numbers are displayed  it is not easy to identify a marking call without picking up the phone or looking at another phone which shows the caller id.

Blocking a marketing calls gives me a lot of satisfaction. Just the fact that I am not helpless and can take some action has a great mental benefit.

This phone call blocker strenth is preventing repeated spammers from calling again, but I have to block them manually once first.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review

No comments:

Post a Comment