Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Product review: Kamisafe Ultra Thin Dimmable CRI95 LED Video Light Panel


I own several light panels and Kamisafe panel has several features that I really like. The most useful feature to me is the ability to change the amount of light that the panel generates with a simple turn of the knob. This allows me to have perfect lighting in different situations.  This panel is thinner and lighter than my older panel, and I show it side by side with an older light panel for comparison.

The second thing that I find very useful is ability to change the light from cold white to warm yellow.  This is done by pushing down the knob (the same knob that controls brightness by turning). The color temperature adjusts from 3200K to 6200K and the brightness  can change from 10%-100%.

The light panel can run plugged in or on the battery.  The batteries that are compatible are: NP-F550/F750/F960.  The power adapter is included, but batteries are not.

The light panel generates continuous light. Once you turn it on the light panel stays on. This panel does not communicate with the camera like a flash. I use it mounted on tripod so I have more control of where the lighting goes and my camera is lighter for a steadier shot. 

Overall, I like this light panel. It is easy to set up and easy to change the amount of light I get to fit any situation.  Is it perfect? No, my panel has a flaw in the back panel where the LED display does not show all numbers.  I show a few photos that demonstrate it. It does not effect how I use the panel, but it does reflect workmanship that is not top notch for that reason I rate this light panel as ok.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment