Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Product review: EarthlanderPro 2017 Design 50 Ft Expandable Hose + Metal Nozzle + Hose Hanger Gift




I have been using flexible hoses for several summers: I use one to wash the car, another for watering the garden. They are great to work with - they are light and when empty become very short.  However they are more fragile than regular hoses, so you cannot treat them the same as a regular garden hose.

Here are a few things I learned: you cannot leave them in the sun when not in use, you can not drag and pull them like you would a regular hose, you cannot step on them when they are full with water. It is best not to hang them to store (this puts pressure on the internal hose).  I store them curled up in a bucket and bring it into the cool basement when they are not in use.  When I use a hose I lay it out in the direction of where I want to use it, fill the water and then streatch it out as needed. I have strong water pressure, so when I use the flex hose I do not put the water pressure all the way up.  I use it at a half force setting.

This hose has brass connectors which give me good no leak connections. Also included in the package is a sprayer.  The sprayer has all plastic construction. The sprayer has 8 different settings.  All settings work well. Some sprays do not have a good "mist" setting (on some of them mist is a weak spray) but this hose has a fine mist settings. It is truly a fine mist.  The nozzle has flow control and a loop that keeps the nozzle spraying without having to hold down the handle. Flow control makes a shower a very gentle shower which I like to use when I water flowers.  The loops that holds the sprayer open works reliably.

Also is included a sturdy plastic hose hanger.  I use it for short term storage while I am working the garden, I store it in the bucket when not in use.

Yes, this hose requires extra care but I really like that it is so light which makes it easier on my bad back.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment