Thursday, November 12, 2015

Product review: Eye-Fi Mobi Pro 16GB WiFi SDHC CARD


I am using this card in SONY-NEX5 phone and Android phone. The set up was incredibly smooth. All I had to do was install the the EyeFi app, it came up and told me "insert the SD card and take a picture". That's it! No hotspot to connect to, no need configuration of any kind. I took a picture a 1 minute and 5 seconds later it appeared on my phone. After the initial upload the images were uploaded a little fast, videos took a little longer.

EyeFi app also allows some basic operations such as deleting files, sharing, and a few other basic operations. It is easy to use.

Is it perfect? No. After using the card for a couple of weeks I ran into several practical issues. They are not deal breakers for me but prevent it from being a perfect experience:

1) It uploads ALL photos, so if you shoot a lot of photos in raw format this can fill up the phone memory.

2) It would be nice if there was an option to delete images from SD after a successful transfer. Such options does not exist and SD card needs to manually cleaned up - either periodically or when one runs out of space.

3) I wish it had is a switch that allows me to turn off WIFI on the card (at a hardware level). I have this feature on my old WIFI SD card and do use it when I do not want uploads to occur.

I received Eyefi sdcard for testing and review. It exceed my expectations for ease of use and set up. I have no problem using, although after several weeks of use some functionality that I would have found useful is not available.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★☆


No comments:

Post a Comment