Sunday, September 6, 2015

Product review: iHomeSet Party Mooncake Mold

















These are good looking cookie cutter molds. You get total of 12 designs, each cookie cutter has three molds.
Each cookie cutter is 6" tall and to stamp out a design you need to press the plunger. The designs are varied and intricate.

✅ The big round one is 2.5" across
✅ The small round one is 1.75" across
✅ The big square one is 2.25"
✅ The small square one is 1.5"

In attached video you can see how well they worked with sugar cookies.

The hardest part of using the mold is getting the cookie out of the mold cleanly so the beautiful design has nice clean edges.

1. I start by oiling the mold, making sure that every detail of the design is oiled. The press with a paper towel to wipe out excess oil and dust lightly with flour. I only oil once, but dust mold with flower before each cookie press.

2. For think cookies I roll the dough out with a rolling pin, for thicker cookies I use flattened ball of dough. In both cases I lightly dust the top of the dough that will face the mold cavity.I press the mold into the dough lightly, but firmly. Then I immediately remove the mold. The plunger on the mold really helps to push the dough out of the mold.

If the dough sticks to the mold it means it is a bit too wet, I either give it a bit of time to dry out or add more more flour.

I am pleased with these cookie molds, they produces beautiful designs, they were easy to use and they were easy to clean in the dishwasher.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.



Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment