Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Product review: Duxtop Whole-Clad Tri-Ply Stainless Steel Induction Ready Premium Cookware


We recently got an induction cookware top and most of our cookware had copper bottoms and did not work. I have done some investigation on what makes good induction cookware and found two major points: multi layer construction and riveted (rather hand welded) handles. Multi layer construction is important for spreading the heat and avoiding hot spots. Three layers is a minimum level that works well, some higher end cookware offers 5 and more layers at a higher price.

Duxtop has 3 layer construction and riveted handles.

The cookware has a nice heavy feel and the shape of the handles is very comfortable because of the rounded grip. My old pots have Bakelite handles so they don't get hot. Duxtop cookware has metal handles and they can get hot if I am cooking for a long time. I have to remember to check and see if I need to use a pot holder.

The set includes

1. 2 frying pans (8" and 10"), the larger one has a lid
2. 1 sauté pan (3 quart) with a lid
3. 2 sauce pans (1.6 qt and 3 quart) both with lids
4. 1 stockpot (8 quart) with a lid
5. Steamer insert that fits both the 1 quart sauce pan and 8 quart stockpot
6. Two pot Bakelite holder stands

As I side note I want to mention that the 8 quart pot works well with my Polder Strainer (9.5 inch diameter by 8 inch height), which I use to cook pasta.

This cookware works on induction cooktops, gas stoves, electric stoves as well as halogen stoves so it would fit into any kitchen.

Overall, I am very pleased it looks good and works well.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★★


No comments:

Post a Comment