Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Product review: Durapower 500lm Rechargeable LED Work Light Bar Cordless


This work light exceeded my expectations. I did not fully understand how versatile it is until I began using it.

✔ I can hang the light horizontally using magnets on my HiLoft storage system. HiLoft shelves are a metal grid. The magnets are strong enough that they work even with this "sparse" support. The magnets work great on a solid sheet of metal, of course, like a hood of the car.

✔ I can hang the light by one or two hooks, providing me light either horizontally or vertically depending on the space I need to light. I have a long a narrow area behind the furnace where I every few months we need to change the filter, it is always a struggle to see what is happening because the furnace shades the overhead light and it is difficult to hold a flashlight while changing the filter. Now the problem is solved.

✔ The light can be rotated so the light provides the light to an area but not beam into my eyes.

✔ The light runs on a rechargeable battery, so when I use it I don't need to have it plugged in. (In fact the manufacture warns not to use the light while it is being charged).

✔ It has two modes low and high, both of modes are quite bright.

When I first opened it I wondered where the hooks are. Turns out they are hidden within the ends and can be either extended or retracted. The next puzzle was to find the port for charging, it is hidden on the end of the light and you need to rotate the hook to expose the opening. I show it in the video, as it is easier to show than describe. When the light is charging you red LED light is on, when the charging is done the red LED is turns off. The manufacture recommends not leaving the light charging continuously.

Overall, I am very pleased. Good amount of light and it can be mounted in many different ways.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.



Ali Julia review ★★★★★


No comments:

Post a Comment