Friday, November 22, 2013

Product review: Metrokane Wine Rabbit Corkscrew with Houdini Aerating Pourer


After a couple of back surgeries my hand strength is pretty bad. When Metrokane asked me to test and review their Rabbit Corkscrew I eagerly agreed knowing I will be one of their weakling testers. I hoped for a magically easy bottle opener. I found that the initial push needed to pull the cork required more strength than I was able to provide and I was not able to do it. I decided that given my weak hands this was not a fair test of the Rabbit Corkscrew and I took it to a party where I asked a friend to open a bottle of wine using Rabbit Corkscrew while I recorded it.

✔ My friend was able to open the bottle of wine with a synthetic cork. As you see in the video it took a bit of work for the initial push and then was easy
✔ Releasing the cork from the corkscrew was easy by repeating the same motion as was used to open the bottle
✔ The foil remover got rave reviews - it was quick and easy and my friend asked me where she can get one of these
✔ The pourer/aerator was easy to use but not being wine connoisseurs our taste volunteers were not able to detect the difference between wine poured with it and without it
✔ The package comes with a spare worm, so if the original wears out or gets bent you have another one without having to buy it

Rabbit Corkscrew comes with a 10 year warranty. The warranty applies if Rabbit Corkscrew pull fails within 10 years of purchase. It can be returned for repair or replacement to Metrokane using the following address:

Metrokane
150 East 58th Street
New York, NY 10155

I hope the video gives you a good idea of what expect.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment