Monday, April 22, 2013

Product review: Electric Heated Booties for cold feet

I get cold feet in the winter. The kind of cold feet that are not just cold but hurt. If you get this condition you know what I mean. The pain is not possible to ignore, you need to do something to warm up the feet. I have been using rice socks (the kind you microwave for a couple of minutes), but was looking for another option that does not require me to repeatedly warm the socks up. I looked at a large number of options and all of them had fairly bad reviews, these booties were the best of the bunch and I decided to try them.

I have been using them for a month. They have pluses and minuses that I describe below. But they work!
 
 
I am attaching a collage of three photos. The first photo shows the booties out the box as they arrived (before I shaped them to my feet). The second two photos show them on my feet from a couple of different angles.

✔ The most important thing - they work. They stopped the pain and I don't keep to keep running somewhere to keep the booties warm.

✔ The booties have two cords: one cord plugs one of the booties into the electric outlet, the second cord connect the first bootie to the second. The first cord is 94 inches, the second cord is 22 inches. This is a fairly short leash. I had to re-arrange my power strips to be able to use the booties while I work at my desk.

✔ The booties are not meant for walking (according to instructions and the presence of a short cord), so even if I need to reach for something that is only 4-5 steps away I need to take them off.

✔ It takes about 10 minutes for the warmth to becomes strong enough to help the painful feet. I usually turn them on at first sign that my feet are going into that painful state. With my rice socks I get relief in 2 minutes (i.e. time to microwave). With these booties I need a bit more planning ahead.

✔ The controller has three settings off, high power, and medium power. I start out on high power for probably 30 minutes. Then it becomes too hot and uncomfortably warm at the high setting and I switch it to medium heat. Then I typically turn them off in another 30 minutes, while keeping them on until they totally cool off.

✔ The booties are made out of plastic. They arrive as two flat pieces of plastic, and initially are fairly stiff. However, after wearing them for a few days the plastic shapes itself to your feet and they become more comfortable.

✔ One size fits all means they are pretty big on my size 7.5 feet. Since I can't walk in them anyway, this is not a big deal.

✔ I wear them with regular socks on. The top of the booty can be closed with a tie, but I don't bother. This allows me to put them on and take them off quickly, and they keep the heat well enough without being closed.

✔ Unfortunately, according to instructions they cannot be worn at night in bed. If my feet feel bad at night I wear the booties for half an hour while I read before going to bed and then take them off.

The bottom line is that they booties work a lot better than they look. Once you shape them to your feet they not uncomfortable. If you suffer from painful cold feet and need something to keep your feet warm while you sit at the desk these booties are a good solution.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.



Ali Julia review

No comments:

Post a Comment