Sunday, April 28, 2013

Product review: Cielux LUNE Touch Controlled Color Changing RGB LED Mood Light

How many different things can a light do? Quite a few! I am attaching a video which shows Lune light doing five different tasks.
 
✔ The first segment shows Lune light lighting wall art. The top of the light can be rotated and aimed at many different angles. The color changes totally change how the artwork looks. As the color changes it almost looks like the sail boat is moving.

✔ The second segment shows Lune light by itself as a modern shape sculpture. It would fit nicely in a modern style decor.

✔ The third segment positions the lamp to reflect from the wall silhouetting the pottery on top of by book case.

✔ In the fourth segment I put Lune light inside the china cabinet so it can highlight my holiday dishes.

✔ The final segment show this light as ... a burglar deterrent. As I was trying to find a perfect place for the light in my house it occurred to me that the color changes observed from the outside look like TV is on. I have been considering buying a [[ASIN:B00BTKGHDE FakeTV FTV-11 Extra Bright Burglar Deterrent]] which makes the house look occupied when you are away. The Lune light performs the same function but looks a lot prettier. When I am home the light decorates. When I am away it protects! The video shows what the light looks like from the outside. I aimed it at the wall near the window. Note that for burglar deterrent purpose I am using the light on a separately purchased timer so it comes on every evening like a real TV would.

I am also attaching a collage of 6 photos which you can find by following 'customer photos' link under the main photo.

   
✔ The first photo shows how the Lune light arrived - it is very well protected by its packaging.

✔ The second photo shows the light and its power cord. The top section containing the light rotates 50 degrees in one direction and 240 degrees in the other direction. This allows you to select the angle of the light - whether you want to light something on the wall, have the light reflect from the wall or the ceiling, etc. The cord is fairly short (56 inches), I really could not reach any of the location I wanted to place the light without using an extension cord. The plug is not polarized. The light is 7.5 inches tall, 8.5 inches wide, 3 1/8 inches thick.

✔ Photos 3 through 5 shows several different colors the light produces and how each shade changes the appearance of the room it is in.

The light has seven preset color options: 5 solid colors (red , yellow, green, teal, blue, purple, white) and 2 changing colors (fast fade 1.5 seconds between colors and slow fade 2.4 seconds between colors). My favorite is the slow fade.

It took a little practice to turn the light off and to change colors reliably every time. I found that capping the base of the light with my open palm works best for me. To turn off the light I hold my palm in place longer, to turn on and change settings hold my palm in place briefly.

I received a sample unit for providing an honest review be it positive or negative. I have no financial interest or business relationship with the manufacturer, and this review represents my independent opinion of the product.

I really like the Lune light not only because it looks good and is a conversation piece but also because it can serve many different functions including making my house look occupied when I am not there.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.



Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment