Saturday, April 20, 2013

Product review: DB-Tech Compact Foldable Bread Slicer


This bread slicer helped me slice the bread into thin even slices and it packs away very compactly. I like it. I am attaching a video which demonstrates how I assemble the bread slice, cut the bread, and disassemble the bread slicer for storage.


The bread slicer fits breads up to 6 inches wide, 5 inches tall. The length of the cutting area is 11.75" inches, but the bread can be slid off one side, so there is no limit in length. The cutting slots come in three width 3/8 inches on one end (what I used in the demo), 1/4 inch in the middle, and 5/8 inch on the other end. When the bread slicer is closed up it measures 12" x 8" x 2". I found it is easy to pack and assemble, so I stored flat on a shelf, and pull out when I need to cut bread.

It is made out wood (bamboo), so when I need to wash it I do so by hand (not in the dishwasher).

I received a sample product from the manufacture to share my honest experience with the product. In the past there was a problem with assembling the bread slicer sides correctly (because the slats on one end are meant for thicker slices, and both sides need to be oriented the same), this problem has been corrected.

Overall, I am pleased with this bread slicer, I particular like the thin slices as making them even without the aid of the bread slicer is hard. I like storing bread in the freezer and taking it slice by slice (this allows me to eat bread yet not to worry about eating too much of it). Now I can buy artisan breads which are not pre-sliced, slice them in the bread slicer, freeze, and consume slowly.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.



Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment