Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Product review: VSonic GR07 MK2 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbuds

When I opened the package I was impressed with 26 earphone tips, 2 pouches (one soft, one hard) and around the ear wire guides in addition to the earphones. I attached a collage of 4 photos that I will be referencing in this review. The entire content of the package is shown in photos #1 and #2. On the negative side the booklet was entirely in Chinese, without any pictures, so when I needed help for placing ear wire guides I had none (image of instructions visible in photo #2). Amazon description includes a note that these headphones require burn in period of 200 hour for honoring returns. This return requirement was useful to know before evaluating the sound of the ear phones, and I have played them for close to 200 hours before doing the evaluation.


I had some positive and some negative experiences with these earphones, so I used them for over a month before writing this review.

The major positive, and it is a big one, is that the sound of these earphones is very good. Clear, crisp, clean with a lot of nuances at different levels. I am not hearing any imperfections or distortions.

The major negative is that I have not found the earphone to be comfortable. There are two aspects to this. The first, is that the earphones are shaped as a square (1/2 inch x 5/8 inch) and apparently my ears are slightly too small to fit them comfortably. Photo #2 shows earphones from two different angles. Even though the nozzle can be moved as a joystick I could not find a position where the corners of this square do not press on something in my ears. If I wear the earphones for over an hour my ears hurts a bit. The second issue is related to the wire guards. These earphones are different from other earphones I own is that in order to properly fit into the ear the wires have to come down from the top, being wrapped around the ears using wire guards. Sometimes wires pop out of the wire guards, and it takes a bit of fussing to put them on (especially because I try to place them with minimum amount of contact with the ears to minimize the pressure points that hurt). On the positive side, when I wore reading glasses they did not interfere with the wire guards.

The nozzles of the earphones can be moved as a joystick. They can be angled left, right or up and down to position the angle how they penetrates the ear canal. The sound isolation is quite good. 26 different tips practically guarantee that everyone will find a shape and size that fits them. The tight fit also keeps the ear phones in the ear when the head moves vigorously (tested not only during exercise but a fall garden cleanup that required a lot of shaking). The material of the tips also varies, from rubber to compressed foam filler (similar to earplugs) shroud inside a normal tip that is rounded. To replace a tip I use my finger nail to carefully peel the tip away from the nozzle and then remove. Then replacing it with a different tip by push the tip onto the nozzle. The earphones are flat, so you wear ear muffs or a hat over them without catching on the earphones.

The material the earphones wires are made of is very nice. They tangle a lot less that my other earphones. When I brush against the wires I hear no interference in the earphones. And in addition they have a slide which can be moved to adjust the size of the split.

GR07 VSonic wire lengths:
18 inches to split (with the slide all the way down)
33 inches from split to unit
total 51 inches
Plug: 3.5mm8 m 24K gold plated dual-channel plug
Cable: 1.3M max 82-core silver wire
Rated power: 10mW
Maximum Input power: 50mW

I really like the two pouches that came with the unit. The soft rectangular pouch has a snap-shut wire that keeps the case closed (photo #3). The round hard case has a nice zipped closure and two compartments (photo #4). Both pouches are big enough to fit not only the earphones but my Sansa mp3 player. I found this to be very handy as I don't have to worry about the keys scratching my mp3 player as I go for daily walks with my mp3 player.

Overall, these ear buds have excellent sound, wish they fit my ears more comfortably -- the combined rating is 4 stars.

I received VSonic GR07 Earphones Earbuds for testing from the manufacturer to write an honest and unbiased review. In this review I noted both positives and negatives of my experience and if you have any questions I have not covered in my review I am always happy to respond to comments.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.



Ali Julia review ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment