Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Product review: PrawnHz 10-inch Ring Light with Stand & Phone Holder


This ring light exceeded my expectations. It has a well-made tripod stand with quick release leg.  The stand is solidly made and operates smoothly.  It can be expanded to 66" tall.  With this flexible height, I can use it both on the table and on the floor.  The ring light mounts on the stand using on regular 1/4 thread which means the stand can also double as a tripod for a small/medium size camera.  I like things that can do more than one job!

The ring light is 10-inches in diameter and provides bright light. I can change the color of the light from warm to cold via remote control.  The light is powered by USB power. It can run from an electric outlet or from an external battery pack for portability.


The ring light includes a phone holder that I can use to mount the phone and trigger the photo app with the included remote control.  The remote control paired easily with my Nexus phone, the remote control was visible as "AB Shutter3". Pressing the remote control once put it into the Bluetooth mode  (it blinks quickly with a blue light when it is ready to pair).


In the attached video, you can see both the operation of the light and the photos I took using the remote control.  I am pretty pleased with the results.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment