Monday, June 8, 2020

Product review: GreenPig Solutions 60 Accelarator Compost Accelerator



I am using this accelerator in the tumbling large Envirocycle composter. I am not sure this accelerator made any difference compared to just adding a gallon of water on a regular basis.  I did not see the super-fast breakdown I was hoping for.

This package contains 12 packets.  Instructions say to dissolve each packet in 1 to 2 gallons of water.  The packets are sealed (i.e. you cannot split them in half) and dissolve in water.  The mixture needs to be used within 15 minutes to keep bacteria alive.  Instructions recommend using the liquid weekly or when a large amount of the new material was added to the compost pile.

The description states that 12 packets treat 108 cubic feet. One packet treats 9 cubic feet.  1 cubic foot is 7.5 gallons. This means one packet treats 67.5 gallons. The large Envirocycle that I use is 35 gallons, this means one packet is more than enough to treat its content.  In fact, I wish I could split each packet in half to make it more cost-effective. 

To manufacture: I would have preferred a non-dissolvable bag with a zip closure so I can control how much I use for each treatment. 

concentrate




No comments:

Post a Comment