Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Product review: Olangda Disposable Face Masks, 3 Layers Breathable and Comfortable Elastic Ear Loop,


Three days after I received Olangda Face Masks that particular listing was removed from Amazon.  When I contacted Amazon to find out if the product was fake they told me the issue was with the seller, not the product, but I was still worried that my masks were fake.  Fortunately, I found five tests to tell apart fake surgical masks and real surgical masks and performed three of the tests.  Since the masks passed those tests, I did not do the burn test so I would have to destroy the mask.

Here are the five tests to tell part real surgical masks from fake ones:
1. Light penetration
 the real mask does not let the light through, fake mask lets the light through

2. Blow out a flame
 you cannot blow out a flame through a real mask, you can flow out a flame through a fake face mask

3. Hold water
 the real mask holds water, fake mask leaks

4. Burn test
 the filter in the real mask melts but does not burn, the filter in the fake mask burns with a flame

5. Electrostatic attraction test
 real mask attracts particles, a fake mask does not


Olanga masks are three-ply masks with a nose clip. They fit comfortably over my face, do not pull on ears too much, and breathing in them is very easy. I have a couple of real N95 masks I bought 10 years ago, so I can compare the two types of masks and the N95 masks feel much different. 

These dust masks are a tool to prevent the wearer from spreading infections by sneezing or coughing (very important!), however, it provides only a small amount of protection to the wearer. 

As another experiment, I wore this mask when I sprayed garden fertilizer which has a distinct smell.  I hoped I would smell it less with the mask on, however, I could smell it just as well as without it. 

On the positive side, I took the mask on and off a number of times while testing it and the loops stayed attached and did not snap off which appears to be a common issue with some of these masks.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★★☆




No comments:

Post a Comment