Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Product review: iO CLEAN Carpet Cleaner Shampoo – Deep Cleaner & Deodorizer


 

I use this carpet shampoo to clean the entrance mat and the walkway carpet.  I use the shampoo in a spray bottle, mixing 50% solution with 50% water.

After I spray the solution and let it sit for 10 minutes, I use a carpet brush to work the carpetsm and then go over the area with a vacuum. The solution has a very strong unpleasant industrial scent that lasts for many days. I even opened doors and windows (in December in Massachusetts) with a fan blowing, and still could not get rid of the scent.

The carpet looks cleaner but did not get rid of a discoloration in the middle of the carpet. I am attaching before and after photos.

I do not fill my Bissell steam cleaner with this shampoo, as instructions on the steam cleaner say to use only water.  The manufacture of this shampoo mentions the use with a steam cleaner, but my Bissell is not compatible with it.

Shampooing a carpet involves using a detergent, while steam cleaning uses hot water vapor and steam mop to break down dirt.  My experience shows that steam cleaning is gentler on carpets and dries faster, but shampooing gets stains out better.

The bottle was not sealed on the inside and leaked in transit.  It arrived sticky and unpleasant and the bottle required to be cleaned on the outside.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★☆☆
 

No comments:

Post a Comment