Saturday, March 26, 2022

Product review: Extra Strength Kojic Acid Serum 7.5% Dark Spot Corrector

 



 

 

 


Kojic Acid is a natural melanin inhibitor and reduces unwanted dark spots and uneven skin tone. This serum contains a 7.5% concentration. Instructions state to use once a day. Cleaning and moisturizing before application of the acid serum are recommended.

I found it is effective, but I am concerned about 7.5% concetration. My research shows that 2% Kokjic Acid is concenred to be safe, but higher amounts were linked to tumor growth in studies.

I also found information that the Kojic acid breaks down quite easily and is prone to oxidize, which means that the acid is sensitive to air, heat, and light. This is helpful to know for how to store the bottle.

It has been slightly over a week since I began using the serum.  My dark spots look lighter.  One of them was slightly raised, and now I no longer feel the height difference as I move my finger over this area.  The skin on my hand does not look irritated.  

Active Ingredients:    Lactic_acid, Kojic Acid, Lactic Acid, Glycolic Acid, Pyruvic Acid, Glycolic_acid

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★★☆  

No comments:

Post a Comment