Thursday, October 17, 2019

Product review: Powerslife Dimmable Eye-Care LED Desk Lamp



I won several LED lamps; most of them have touch control switches where just touching them turns the light on and off.  This one is a little different, it actually requires to hold the on/off button for a second or so. Once it is on changing the brightness requires just a touch.  The light is fairly bright (bright enough to read under); with that said, it is not the brightness desk lamp I own.  In the attached video, you can see the brightness level, especially when I zoom in on the text in a book.

This is medium-size task light.  It has 4 levels of brightness from very dim to fairly light, as you can see in my video.  This lamp does not cast a very large spotlight, it does not cover my entire table, but it does light up my entire large-format book shown in the video.

The lamp has a black glossy finish, which attracts fingerprints. It has a nice diffuser, and looking at the lamp even on the brightest setting does not hurt.  It does a nice job preventing ghosting (i.e., preventing showing multiple shadows).  In my video, you can see a pen directly under the light and just one shadow. Many of my other LED desk lights show multiple shadows.

The base of the lamp is 6" x 5". The neck of the lamp is 13" tall, and the length of the panel is 11.5".   The neck has a lot of flexibility in from being horizontal to the desk surface, to be able to title backward about 8 degrees.  My lamp did not stay in the position I put it in, it slowly went down.  However, tightening the screws in the base of the neck fixed the problem.  AC cable is 79".

The lamp is powered by a detachable USB cord that has an AC plug. But because it can run on any USB cord, it means I can also run the lamp from a power bank, which is often very useful because I can use the lamp without having an AC outlet nearby.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.
Ali Julia review ★★★☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment