Saturday, May 12, 2018

Product review: Joway JP51 6000mah Ultra-slim External Battery Portable Charger Pack with builit-on cable






We own a number of mobile devices from different manufactures, we have Android devices, Apple devices, Samsung devices. I prefer external batteries that work well with all of our devices. Unfortunately this external battery is not one of them. It works well with my Android phone charging it to close to optimal rate from both of its ports, but it could not charge my iPad Mini. The battery supposed to turn on automatically when the device is plugged in but iPad Mini never showed it was charging and my current monitor did not show any current. I am able to charge iPad Mini from other batteries, so it is something very specific to this battery. I double checked with the manufacturer if the battery should turn on automatically and he confirmed that it should. He also said that only one port at a time can be used, two devices cannot be charged at the same time. iPad Mini was the only devices I was trying to charge.

I tested this battery with a current monitor, and I am including the readings for those who are interested in the details. I always use the same two devices and I do my tests with the devices charged to the same level and running the same applications. These test show me the amount of current the battery is delivering to the device and also allow me to do a relative comparison of different batteries to each other. This helps me identify the batteries that do not perform well. Note that these tests are not testing for the maximum current each device can draw on each port as neither of my devices can max out the port.

iPad Mini
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Port 1 (built in cable with adapter) - did not charge
Port 2 (my own cable) - did not charge

Nexus phone
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Port 1 - (built in cable) - 5% up charge in 10 minutes (average)
Port 2 - (included charging cable) 1.04A / 5.05V (AC rate, excellent, for comparison other ex batteries produce 1.00A/5.05V)

Overall,  disappointing external battery.  With so many choices of external batteries out there I cannot recommend this one.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★☆☆☆


No comments:

Post a Comment