Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Product review: Bosmere L565 6-Feet by 4-Feet Expanding Bamboo Trellis for Vining Plants






I used to buy wood trellises for my garden in Home Depot but this year they did not have any other than decorative metal trellises, which are heavy and expensive.  I decided to give this bamboo trellis a try and was pleasantly surprised.

1) The bamboo sticks are pretty thick and hard, I am including a photo that shows the trellis next to my hand for size reference

2) Even though it described as 6 feet by 4 feet, I was able to make it 7 feet (and it could have been a bit taller). The width remained to be 4 feet, it did not get much more narrow as it expanded.

3) It could be mounted vertically or horizontally. I needed a tall trellis for cucumber plants. The plants are growing next to the deck (not a solid wall) so I was able to mount the trellis on the deck slats using plant hangers and plastic ties to secure the trellis to the hanger so wind does not dislodge it. Bevause the trellis expands and contracts it cannot stand on its own. It has to be mounted in some way to keep it expanded.

4) The bamboo is very light weight (the entire trellis is under 4 pounds) so it is easy to move around and install.

5) The rivets are metal and are somewhat loose.  At first I thought it was a defect, but then I realized this is by design so the trellis can expand and collapse.

6) The finish is natural - i.e. uneven in places and discolored in other places, this how the natural bamboo dried.  I would not describe this trellis as beautiful, but it feels very functional.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★★






No comments:

Post a Comment