Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Book review: Chicken Recipes To Die For





Overall, I thought the recipes were good. However there were several things about the cookbook can be improved.

1) The book is not aimed at American audience - it uses metric measures.

2) I liked that the recipes have pictures.  I would have liked the pictures to be large and to show the entire plate, not just a portion of it. 

3) I prefer the recipes that fit on two pages, so while I cook I did not need to touch my tablet to flip pages. This book does not start each new recipe on a new page and allows some recipes to span 3 pages. Some recipes spill over by just a few lines while the ingredients are double spaced, so with a bit more work the recipe layout could have been organized better. 

4) The book has no information on the overall time it takes to prepare the dish or caloric information.

5)  I liked that the book has a table of content but when I click on recipe name navigation takes me to the copyright page, not the recipe itself.  It worked correctly only for a couple of recipes. 

This cookbook contains 52 chicken recipes.  It has soup recipes (like chicken soup and cream of chicken) as well as main entries from different cultures (for example chicken korma, chicken fajitas, chicken gumbo, Moroccan chicken).

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment