Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Product review: NaturalAreaRugs Natural Fiber Amsterdam Jute Rug, 8-Feet by 10-Feet





This is an updated review after using the rug for over a year.  I originally ranked it as a 5 star product  because of how nice it looked.  However after a year of use in a fairly heavy traffic area it began to fall apart.  I am reducing the rating to 3 star "okay".  If you use it a heavy traffic area expect to replace it in a year.

Original review: This rug is made out of Jute (90% Jute and 10% Cotton). I love natural colors and I think this rug has beautiful colors: beige, rust, brown. It is hand made by a good artisan - the edges of the rug are straight, it lays flat, the weave looks very even. I own a couple of smaller rugs in the similar style as door mats and such and some of them have wavy edges, but this one looks expertly made and looks good in the center of the room.

If you are not familiar with Jute it is made out of the bark of a Jute plant that is spun into coarse strong threads. It is more coarse and rough compared to cotton. If you step on it with your bare feet you can feel the difference, it feels rougher than cotton.

Even though I like the looks and workmanship of the rug, I have to include one negative. When the rug first arrived it had a scent - it is not a moldy scent, and does not smell chemical either, but mild scent not I am not able to identify. Initially as I spread it out on the floor the room had a scent, however now 2 weeks later the scent is no longer there.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★☆☆





No comments:

Post a Comment