Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Product review: Key Finder Phone Finder Anything finder by YOUDUO



I got this key finder for my mother who is getting forgetful.  She often loses her keys and spends a lot of timing searching for them.  The key finder allows an app running on her phone to activate a ringer attached to key chain.

The connection between the phone and the ringer is made via Bluetooth so the distance is limited.  However, it does work between two floors of the house. The ringer comes from a small speaker in the receiver, so it is not very loud. My hearing is very good and I can hear it when the ringer is on another floor, but my mother's hearing is as good as mine and she can only hear the ringer when the ringer is on the same floor.

The package comes with a spare CR2032 battery as a key that opens the receiver.  The unit comes with the battery installed so I did not need to install the spare right away.

What could be better? I would nice of the receiver was even smaller. I show it on 1/2" grid and on key ring for size reference. It also would be nice if the ringer was louder.

Tips on connecting:
1. Do not use the phone's bluetooth settings.  Connect the app and the ringer using the app.
2. How to use the app to connect the phone to the device.  After you install the app (app name is Rtrivr2) click on the bluetooth icon on the screen.  This will start the wizard that will guide you through establishing the connection.

Keys seem to be the most natural thing for the key finder, but you can attach it to other things you might want to track. I like the idea of attaching it to my suitcase when I travel so I can easily tell it apart from other suitcases on the carousel.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★★☆




No comments:

Post a Comment