Monday, January 18, 2016
Product review: ZOMEI Camera Tripod Carbon Fiber Tripod Monopod with Ball Head
ZOMEI Q666C is a nice tripod and scores well on my list of requirement for a tripod. This tripod met four of my requirements for a tripod and fell short on one (but not badly).
* Quick release plate. This tripod include a quick release plate. The release plate is made out of metal and is sturdy with a heavy duty construction. Quick plate tightening mechanism can be tightened by a coin. It holds well.
* Lightweight. This tripod weighs 3 pounds 6.7 oz (this weight include the tripod and the ball head). This tripod is heavy enough to withstand a gust of wind yet light enough to carry around without much trouble.
* Quick release legs. This tripod does NOT have legs with quick release locks. Each collapsible leg is made out of 4 sections and is released by twist locking mechanism. Zomei twist locks do not take a lot of turns and they feels well made.
* Ability to support my Canon rebel digital SLR with 300 zoom lens. This tripod handles my Canon DSR camera with 300 zoom lens without a problem. It is rated to support 30 pounds, way more than I will ever need.
* Flexible ball head or ability to mount any ball head. This tripod comes with a nice ball head and can accept any other standard ball head. The panning and tilting is smooth. The ballhead has three adjustment knobs.
' Pan knob is a small knob at the bottom.
' Ball knob is the medium sized knob. Using it I can position to ball to align with a 90-degree slot for vertical orientation.
' Small knob at the top controls the quick release plate.
This tripod came with a couple of extras:
' The package includes a carrying case.
' Also included us a bag to store the ball head. Since I already have another ball head I find a storage bag useful to store the one I am not using.
Tripod's maximum height is 65", minimum height is 18.6".
This tripod can be converted into a monopod using a provided hex key. The conversion is not fast as it requires working with a number of screws and washers. It is not something I would do on the road as it is easy to loose a washer or a screw. Some of the screws pretty tight.
This is a nice sturdy tripod that is not too heavy!
You can find "ZOMEI Camera Tripod" on Amazon via this link.
Ali Julia review ★★★★★