Monday, January 4, 2016

Product review: btoto H9 2.0 Inch 170 Degree 6g Ultra-wide Angle Lens 4k Sports Action Camera


I received this camera for evaluation and review as part of a new product introduction. Getting a free product does not effect what I say, I always give a rating purely based on how the product performs. A few months ago I reviewed another camera from the same vendor and gave it a 2 stars rating. Despite knowing that I am reviewer who gives critical reviews when the product deserves it he sent me this camera for testing anyway. That's a sign of a good seller and a good product.

Btoto H9 is my first 4K camera and I can really tell the difference. The colors and clarity is excellent. The 170° lens provides a very wide view, but as any lens with such wide angle causes barrel distortion.

The camera produces very good video during the day and at dusk. The only time during the day when the video was not excellent was when the sun was directly into the camera, which is a challenge for any camera. The night time video is not as good. The camera has an intuitive interface, it also has WI FI that allows me to see what the camera sees on phone. The camera is exactly the same size as GoPro camera and accessories designed for GoPro fit it.

Live video via WI FI works very well: it was easy to connect the phone to the camera and the delay between action and live video is minimal (you can see it in my video). When you are using live mode the video is not recorded to the micro SD. The app for live product is called Ez iCam (I show the install and how the app works in the video). The name of a hot spot you need to connect to is ICAM-H9 (note that the name is slightly different from documentation - at least on Android phone).

Btoto H9 supports micro SD cards up to 32GB (the micro SD card is not included).

The camera produces video in the following resolutions (recorded in .mov format) using degree HD wide angle lens.
4K 10fps, 2.7K 15fps, 1080p 60/30fps, 720 120/60 fps. Amazon compresses video submitted in the reviews plus has a limit of videos size so I have to compress it before submitting as well, so what you see in the review video is much worse than what the camera produces.

To recharge the camera takes about 3 hours from empty, I am getting about 2 hours of video on one charge.

The package includes a large number of clamps and holders as well as a waterproof case. The manual is okay, it does not have instructions for every button but it was enough for me to find the right app and to figure out how to use the camera.

In attached video you can see video of the camera and video taken by the camera.

If you have questions on something I did not cover post a comment and I'll do my best to answer it.

You can find "btoto H9 2.0 Inch sports camear" via this link


Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment